Monday, February 13, 2006

Valentine's Day

A few heart centered incidents from the Bogart clan.

Me: Hop in the car! I'm leaving for Walgreen's to get Valentines. Whoever needs them, now's the time.

16 yr. old daughter: What? You're going now? I'm leaving in ten minutes. I can't come.

Me: I said "Valentines" not "Let's go hang out with cute boys...." What on earth do you need Valentines for?

She: I need Disney Princess Valentines obviously to hand out to all my friends at school, including the cute boys.

Me: You can take the car later.

She: It's never as much fun as going with you and the kids... (Now I thought that was sweet.)

And today, at co-op, she did hand out said Valentines and I saw six boys literally swoon as they perforated the little paper rings out of the cards and slipped them on their ring fingers in her honor. Who knew the way to a 16 year old boy's heart was Ariel and Snow White?

The sister (age 9):

Caitrin: Yeah, my brother and I made cookies for Valentine's day. We had a whole bunch of sugar cookie hearts. He used pink icing around the edges but all we had left was black so I used it. It got all gobbed up in long strings.

Chorus of little nine year old girls: Ew. Black? Why black? That's digusting.

Caitrin: I love black. I call my work Masterpiece in Black Snakes.

(Now that's love.)


Later:

Liam is buddies with another red head named... Liam (Last initial - M.). I call "Liam" and they both come running. Very convenient. I can see why George Foreman named all of his kids George.

Anyway, Liam doesn't like to handwrite but likes giving out Valentines. He tricked Catirin into writing all of his. They all said - To: you, From: Liam

So imagine Jacob's surprise when Liam M. popped into Jacob's classroom and handed him a card that said, "To: you, From: Liam" and Jacob recognized his sister's handwriting.

For my Valentine's Day, I will go to Doctrine II. Thought about getting that romantic gift card from Kroger's that they keep advertising on the radio as "just what your sweetheart wants" (money for groceries). After all, my man loves a good sale on pork roast...

No comments: