Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sister, Sister

(seem to be on that double double theme)

My sister is going to New York City in a couple of weeks with my Dad and his wife. Erin is a mom of little ones ranging from 2 to 12. Getting out to the Big Apple is a big deal! I sent her some fling money to spend while there or in preparation (you know, shoes, clothes, hair cut kind of thing). I'm excited for her.

The note with funds arrived yesterday. My sister called immediately. She told me that when she opened the note, her daughters were both hovering over her (12 and 7). They were happy for their mom to have this fun money. My sister explained that that's what sisters do for each other when they grow up. They "show the love."

Immediately the younger one (7) saw the future and said to the older one, "Shevawn, when we grow up, you send me money, okay?"

I loved that.

No comments: