Saturday, March 19, 2005

Woo-hoo times four!!!

We're ALL going to U2 in Cleveland.
Doing our part for corporate musicians everywhere.....



Sometimes your kids can't make it on their own...

And so, Jon and I have the fun of taking Johannah and Jacob to see U2 in Cleveland, December 10. Tickets were purchased with relatively little trauma to the family (and my sleep patterns).

We'll also take in the Rock 'n Roll Museum up there too. Should be just the mid-life pick-me-up Jon and I need (well, he doesn't need it since he's uber relevant and sexy besides... but I am always looking for ways to return to my petulant, edgy youth).

Kids are thrilled. How often do parents and teens find music they are equally crazy about? Leave it to Bono and the lads.

Wooooooo-hooooooooooo!

3 comments:

Bilbo said...

You lucky dog you. Envious....My two fifteen year old sons have told me on more than one occasion that they think U-2 sucks....but...than I catch them sitting in the back seat of the car listening to U-2's How to Dismantal An Atomic Bomb on their MP3's I bought them for their birthday. Teenage boys will be boys...Nice pics of your son Liam.

David Blakeslee said...

Two of my sons (17 year old twins) and I are going to see Oasis and Jet at an outdoor gig near Detroit in June - a lot more affordable and two cool bands that we are all eager to see in concert... That will probably be my musical highlight of the summer. We decided to pass on the chance to see U2 in Detroit - just too expensive for us!

Unknown said...

Oh I'd love to see Jet! I love their music, videos, beat. They remind me of AC/DC in their up tempo stuff and the Beatles in that one new slow song "You've Made a Fool of Everyone."

My kids like Oasis. Good choice.

We saw Jars of Clay with Noah and Johannah at a small club called "Bogarts" (of all things) a few years back and enjoyed it so much! Now we look forward to concerts with kids.

Jon took Noah to the Metallica concert for his 16th birthday two years ago in Detroit that featured Mudvane, Linkin Park, Deftones and Metallica. Jon gets the award for brave, cool dad for standeing on his feet for fourteen hours! They had fun and Jon took devil horns to an entirely new level!

Noah is a big Metallica fan.

I love going to concerts with kids.

Hope yours is a blast!