Thursday, March 31, 2005

Slap me—it's sunny!



It was 81 degrees today and so beautiful that someone in my Black Theology class actually had the nerve to assert that it felt like California. Yes, indeedy, it did.

I walked onto Xavier's campus before dusk and witnessed a virtual explosion of testosterone in white tee-shirts—frisbees, footballs, baseballs, soccer balls (you get the idea... all kinds of balls) going in every which way direction. This campus isn't that big. So I had to dodge said balls just to stake out a table in the sunshine for dozing (why study?). Dudes were everywhere and all were in shorts.

Girls were showing their midrifs (blinding white, here in the midwest, and a bit on the fleshy side too, I might add). I'm always a bit alarmed by skin after months of winter coats, and it appears the boys were too.

"Oh you show off!" said one midrif baring female as she jumped for the frisbee.

"Ah I knew you could stretch for it." (I'm sure he did... and Score! The top scooched up for a moment revealing all that ghostly white flesh, quivering over her low cut pants.)

So I sat down to re-read my paper (on how Eve and I are like soul mates separated at birth) that I am submitting to the EGLSBL (alphabet soup for a Bible conference where I present a paper, like I said) and basked in music blaring from a boom box ("Dust in the Wind" by Kansas), found places to expand my paper and enjoyed being around skin-baring co-eds until seven o'clock when the sun set and class began.

It was almost as good as going to the beach... I said almost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was like that here yesterday too, Julie! Wonderful. Jennie and I sat on a bench so she could feel the wind blowing her toes, then we went for a walk in the park. I could spend all my time outdoors if it stayed spring and fall year round.

Oh- I am amazed at how many of the young girls wear those skimpy clothes despite the fact they have large rolls of fat hanging out. I'm not sure if I applaud them for not caring or want to give them nasty looks for thinking we want to see all that!

Have a great day!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Ha! Sounds like some twitterpation is going on. Now that I've bred, I prefer to create in the garden, draw, or rewrite stuff rather than expose flesh and play tag with flirty males, much to my husband's chagrin.

I think I'll be glued to your blog. I hope to do my masters in theology some day. That was my plan long ago but you know how to make the gods laugh don't you? Make a plan.

Welcome spring!!
Kimmy
Richmond VA