Saturday, October 22, 2005

Thrashed by life

Just got off the phone with grad school friends. One of my buddies is spending the night in the hospital. Her father and mother were in a horrible car accident over the weekend. Her mother was killed instantly and her father is in the SICU. My friend's parents had come to town to see her new home and to visit her baby. They were driving back to Indianapolis when a crazy driver flew over the median and forever changed the lives of everyone in that family.

This is not the opening to an epsiode in Six Feet Under.

I feel like throwing up.

Jon said, "I'd much rather think that chance combined with stupidity is responsible for this tragedy than a divine plan."

I'll spend tomorrow afternoon with Stephanie and our other good friend.

Hug the ones you're with tonight.

2 comments:

Bilbo said...

I'm so, so, sorry to hear about your'e friends parents. You, and your'e friend are in my thoughts and prayers....My brother was almost killed in a similar kind of accident last June and he is lucky/fortunate to be alive today. I hope and pray your'e friends father pulls through....

musingwoman said...

I'm so, so sorry, Julie. My heart goes out to them.