Wednesday, August 31, 2005

U-C-L-A, fight, fight, fight



I'm heading out west for the weekend for my uncle's eightieth birthday. On this side of forty, eighty is sounding really impressive! He's just a gem of a guy and our entire family is gathering to celebrate the incredible man he is.

Before I head out to Riverside, land of hot weather and smog in September, one of my best friends from college and I are going on a little nostalgia trip together back to UCLA. I haven't been there in years and have heard it has changed dramatically. Of course, some things never change: like Royce Hall (above).

I used to walk to the quad as an undergrad and when Royce Hall broke into view against the blue sky (it was blue every day of the year), I'd think "I'm the luckiest person on earth to be a student at this university." I knew it then. I still know it.

So I'll see you next week and hope to have a few Bruin photos to share.

We'll also drop by the sorority house (Kappa Kappa Gamma) and see how the 21st century decorates the old place. Can it really have been twenty one years already?

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Bilbo said...

I see you are coming to God's country this week-end. Maybe we will cross paths on the freeway this week-end. I am spending the week-end in L.A. this week-end as well. I will be staying near Pasadena which happens to be where the U.C.L.A. Bruins play their football games. Hope you have a great time this week-end and look forward to your report and some pictures.....