Sunday, July 20, 2008

On blogging and life

Well following the trek north, my mother and her husband came out to visit all week. In the middle of that whole experience, I took my family to the Freedom Center (Museum for the Underground Railroad) on Friday... but my transmission quit once we arrived. That meant I had to call Triple A, which I did, and then waited for a total of four hours for the right sized tow truck to arrive. Fortunately Johannah had also driven a car since she thought she'd have to leave early from the museum for work. Instead, she shuttled home the remaining family while I waited for the tow.

Having arrived at 2:00, I didn't actually get home until 7:00 p.m. that night.

Since then we've had non-stop family activity including a viewing of "Mamma Mia" and "The Dark Knight." I loved the former, and honestly, yawned a bit through the latter. I love action movies so that wasn't the reason I didn't enjoy Batman. It had more to do with the long pauses between action and the loss of momentum that created in the storyline. I also hated the ending (won't spoil it, though I'd like to).

Beyond that, I'm spending a lot of time in my "mid-life tune-up" mode. I'm reading, journaling, thinking, writing and going to counseling. Because of that, blogging has taken a backseat.

Thanks for always checking in (I see your IP addresses). :) I'm sure there will be some new posts this week.

3 comments:

kc bob said...

What? You have a life outside of cyberspace? When did that happen?

I'm jealous :)

Steve said...

Keep up with the therapy. Its the only reason I am not curled up in ball in the back of the closet.

Peace (note MY ISP!)

NoVA Dad said...

Having time to sit and read -- I really envy you that. I'm looking forward to my vacation in a few weeks where I can do the same. Hope things are going well for you -- and that you're getting geared up for fantasy football!!