Sunday, September 10, 2006

9/11

9/11 is the day I went into labor ten years ago when my daughter Caitrin would be born on 9/12. She got her ears pierced today to celebrate her decade on the planet.

But 9/11 will never be remembered as the date of anticipation again since 2001. Matt posted a nice entry that I wanted to feature as a way of remembering (and also to introduce you to his very nice blog!).

Sting's CD "All This Time" was recorded on 9/11/01 in Italy and is the one I play every year to remember. His voice breaks in the opening song "Fragile" which says it all for me.

Peace to you and everywhere today.

2 comments:

NoVA Dad said...

Thanks for the free-advertisement about my blog -- and thanks especially for your very kind comments.....

Trailady said...

9/11 is right up there with Pearl Harbor. So tragic! I'm sorry it overshadowed a joyous moment in your life.

My daughter will be getting her ears pierce to celebrate her maturing into a young lady- kind of as a rite of passage. At the rate she's going- that won't be much longer.... I'm mixed in my emotions- hard and yet sweet to see them grow up.

Bless you!!