Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Little things

Sunshine.

The kids roller blade in the garage, through the basement, up the driveway and out into the big street--dodging cars and the odd dog on a leash.

Caitrin's foot long hair flies.

An archly Protestant friend studies Catholicism and likes it... not predestined after all.

Jon in my bed after five nights away.

Noah studies French, Greek, semantics, and asks "What does Salaamu Alaikum mean?"

Liam smells like sweat and shows off red ears after lacrosse practice.

A UU friend is sane, funny and has my back, thanks be to the Non-Material Layer (NML).

Crocuses bloomed even though I thought I'd killed them last fall with that one mistaken scoop of the shovel. I mourned... but it turned into dancing.

Online friend sends me yaoi because she understands sexy.

Kroger's carries PG Tips British tea... Like, they really have the real British stuff which means fewer trips to the Jungle Jim's twenty minutes away.

Johannah sets foot for the first time in an elementary school... and teaches second graders to count money. She loves the little boy who chews on his shirt when he adds things up.

Jacob plays tasty music on his sax from upstairs and it hugs the house.

Email buddies initiate plan to save the world. They will. They're that smart.

Chickadees weave a home in our new bird house.

Online friends make me cry... tears of sympathy and anger.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I needed that. Made me smile.

Ampersand

New Life said...

got a call from a UU friend who has my back today...

did you mention peanut butter and jelly?

Bilbo said...

The opening line about sunshine grabbed me. It's been extremely beautiful around my neck of the woods the last couple of days. In the 60's with a light breeze and those puffy little clouds floating from west to east. It is the little things that often make the difference and bring us joy and make life worth living. My sentiments exactly....

David Blakeslee said...

There's a lot in this post, if one takes the time to ponder and amplify the significants of all the little things you mention here...

Yaoi, that's a new term to me. A quick tab over to Google and I'm filled in. Suddenly I am more interested to find out just what's in some of that manga that my daughter has been piling up in her room over the years! :o)

Unknown said...

Lol about yaoi. :)

Those Japanese are sweeping the country, it looks like. :)