Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Emotional Safety

I read this quote yesterday and thought it perfectly described the heart of a good relationship:
Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.
~Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859

3 comments:

NoVA Dad said...

Wonderful! Hope all is well on this great Tuesday morning:-)

Mike said...

nice quote...I committed it to memory...at least what is left of my memory.

Dancingirl said...

I copied that way back in high school and it's still a wonderful description of the best friendships. Thanks for reminding me!