Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Californians Arrive

My family and Jon's come for Thanksgiving starting late tonight and bleeding into tomorrow. The house has had a thorough Flylady once over and is sparkling. We painted both the family room and my bedroom and dejunked literally every room in the house. This is no easy task as my daughters' room hadn't seen the floor in so long we forgot the color of the carpet.

When it was all finished, my 11 year old son said, "I think a clean house is really nice."

Made me laugh.

My other kids chimed in that though it looks nice clean, it doesn't feel as homey.

Anyway, I will be scarce over the next several days of celebrating.

In addition to meals and desserts, I need to study. I have a paper due that compares the role of women in Hinduism and Islam. So far, Hinduism wins the prize for most abusive religion to women in history. Makes you want to tie men up in brightly colored saris and hurl them onto funeral pyres!

A steady gaze at women in history is enough to make any woman turn lesbian, I tell you. I am grateful to be born this side of suffrage and the third wave of feminsim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great holiday. Since I am home today, I will probably clean a bit. We are going to family tomorrow. I am using the time to recharge the brain!