Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Music Meme

Music Meme

I've been charged (thanks, Rick!) with the following meme, questions on my musical interests.

01. Total volume of music files on my computer?
No clue. I don't keep track of anything that has a number attached to it... including checking account balances.

02. The last CD I bought was?
"Devils and Dust" Bruce Springsteen

03. Song playing right now:
Silence, except bird song and muffled children's voices coming from our trampoline.

04. Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me(in no particular order):
"Captain Fantastic" (Elton John) First album (and title track) that I anticipated for weeks before it came out and then rushed out to buy on that first day of sales.
"American Girl" (Tom Petty) Described me in college to the tee
"Thunder Road" (Bruce Springsteen) Still my all-time favorite song
"Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" (U2) I couldn't believe a Christian could admit that Jesus wasn't enough
"Somewhere over the Rainbow" (Judy Garland) Will always hold a dear spot in my heart because I played Dorothy in high school.

05. Which 5 people are you passing this baton to, and why?

Shoehound
Poppymom
Pomoxian
Bilbo
ShimmerGlimpse

(The first four have exquisite musical taste and I want to find out what ShimmerGlimpse's tastes are!)

4 comments:

Rick said...

love the judy garland reference :) - thanks for playing!

David Blakeslee said...

OK, my answers are up and there are plenty of links to follow from there if you are so inclined, o friends of Julie (and Julie herself.) Dave aka PoMoXian

kimmy said...

thank you thank you thank you. that was a good time and so was reading everyones responses. i'm not sure if i accurately reflected my own taste (?) ....but it was still a hoot.
~kimmy

kimmy said...

thank you thank you thank you. that was a hoot, though I wonder how well i reflected my own taste (?)