Monday, November 26, 2007

Enchanted: Enchanting

I cleansed the palette with Disney which always works. What a delightful movie! Go see it. Take a child. It's got it all: whimsy, self-deprecation without sardonic irony, good looking stars, the most adorable six year old on screen this year, and twists I didn't expect.

Women and men both learn stuff worth learning, children are valued, even rodents and insects see redemption! The songs don't "wow" me outside of the film, but in it, they are practically perfect in every way. Laughs and insight for all ages.

It's always more fun to write a movie review for a film I hate. :) This movie, though, deserves a well-written review by someone. It's wonderful.

3 comments:

kc bob said...

Your post reminded me of the day I took my 10 year old daughter to see Beauty and the Beast.. I was shocked as I sat their finding myself moved emotionally.. I thought.. how is this possible.. this is a cartoon.. aaah the magic of Disney.. you know Walt started in KC.

Dalissa McEwen Reeder said...

Ah, see I am glad you saw it. It was fun, wasn't it?

SUSAN said...

I loved it too!

Susan