Friday, August 12, 2005

How Bilbo Made Me Homesick

One of my buddy bloggers just got back from a camping trip on the west coast (also known as "My Coast," or "Julie's Coast," or "The Best Coast," or "The Coast is Clear" because it is not in Ohio).

His Internet name is Bilbo and he is a friend to nature. He got the "cautionary tale message" of the LOTR series and thusly, spends time in natural settings, then photographing them and then torturing displaced Californians with photos to drool over.

So go take a look.



Stunning! Might make good desktop wallpaper.

Bilbo's West Coast Camping Trip

You have to scroll down a bit to get to the photos... but reading his recounting of his trip is worthwhile too!

Enjoy. (My favorite photo is the one of the seagulls in flight, being the backyard birder that I am...)

1 comment:

Bilbo said...

Hi Julie,

The seagulls in flight was my favorite as well. I spent some 15 minutes or so just watching and taking pictures of them. It was a rare opportunity. I actually took about ten pictures or so. As far as torturing goes this is really not my intention. Just trying to lure your poor displaced folks back to where you belong, God's country. California recieves it's fair share of bad press but it is still one of the most beautiful places on earth. Where else can you find the lowest and highest elevation, oldest and tallest trees, nearly 1000 miles of coastline, rainforests and deserts, and more national parks outside of Alaska. Like I said, it's God's country.....