Monday, August 01, 2005

Brave Writer, the rock concert

Bono needs 50,000 people screaming his name to feel normal.

I need fifty emails an hour to feel sane.

Yesterday was the day before the registration for my Brave Writer Online classes. I felt like Ticketmaster - all these nervous moms writing me notes asking for the rules. Can I sign up using Paypal which is PST at 9:00 p.m. when you said we had to wait until August 1, since you are in the eastern time zone? Your blog says registration is open now so I registered, but now that blog is gone. Am I in? (I accidentally posted the "registration now open" post too soon).

All kinds of questions, nerves...

And then Boom! This a.m. my inbox was stuffed with registrations, questions, orders.

I almost jumped on a table with a wooden spoon and sang "Oh you look so beautiful tooo-niiiight" to my peeps!

I will say this, at least Paypal could handle the modest spike in sales my classes generated and no one, I say NO ONE, got bumped after registering for a class. Ticketmaster, watch and learn.

It's a weird sensation to have started a business with a tiny little email address on yahoo (no website) five years ago and suddenly to have so much business, I don't have enough staff or classes to satsify everyone. Heady stuff... the stuff of rock star dreams. :)

Btw, I will be in the presence of the Boss tonight.

I wanna build me a house, on higher ground
I wanna find me a world, where love's the only sound
High above this road, filled with shadow and doubt
I want to shoulder my load, and figure it all out

1 comment:

David Blakeslee said...

So what do you actually do? What do people sign up for in these on-line classes? This sounds rather interesting to me. I've never asked you much about your work.

I'm gonna work the Springsteen concert on Wednesday night! Let's compare notes, shall we?!?