Monday, May 30, 2005

The IM Pick-up Line

So my 15 year old daughter is on IM the other day and this new guy she met at a show is on too. Here's how it went down:

Him: Hey, I saw you last night at the show.

Her: Yeah, that was me.

Him: You're pretty.

Her: Uh, okay.

Him: Wanna hang out?

Her: Maybe.

Him: Can you come over to my house this afternoon? We can make-out on the couch.

Her: No way! I'm not a slut. I don't even know you!

Him: Okay... then you wanna come over and play Uno?

Quick on his keypad, eh?

3 comments:

David Blakeslee said...

He probably has a selection of "can't miss" pick up lines ready to pull from a drop-down menu. Like prefab emoticons or something...

Pretty funny what we can pick up when we steal a glance at our kids' chat boxes!

Unknown said...

Actually, she reported this one to me. She got such a kick out of it! :)

Does crack me up, though, to go from making out to Uno. Like, yeah....

Unknown said...

Great story...

"UNO" (if you know what I mean...)

Oh, by the way...

TAG